Trust on the Internet. 3:15 pm – 5:15 pm
This panel will focus on the social and ethical aspects of trust: the challenge that they pose, and the ways in which these challenges might be addressed.
The panelists are:
- Organiser and Chair: Annamaria Carusi
Questions for panelists:
- In your view, what are the most important challenges relating to trust occurring on the Internet today?
- Why do you define these specifically as trust challenges?
- How do you think these challenges might be addressed? For example, what kind of research is needed; what kind of policy or other intervention?
- What is the specific contribution that your own discipline/expertise can make?
- If you were to re-design the Internet today, how would you design it in order to obtain the best environment for trust? What mix of people would you include in the design team?